Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Legend of the Pancakes


I was never much on an eater as a child. A few bites of anything filled me up. Breakfast was something I skipped, and although I loved dessert, I rarely had room for it.

So when I ate nine Swedish pancakes one summer morning at the age of 10, it went on the calendar.

The event became family lore. The day I ate nine pancakes. Now, years later, sometimes my grandma asks me if I remember it, and of course I still do. How could I forget such a momentous event?

If you'd like to try to put back as many pancakes as you can at $1.50 a pop, you're in luck — the popular Local Diner (located in Las Colinas and Coppell) has such a deal this week from 6:30 to 11:30 a.m. You can also get $3 off one of the Blue Plate Specials at lunchtime, or take 15 percent off your ticket no matter what time of day. Just print out this coupon and go!

1 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love Local Diner!! One of the places I will greatly miss in Coppell!

Post a Comment